DANGEROUS GOODS REGULATIONS CATEGORY 3
- Hidden Dangerous Goods
- Packaging Specifications & Performance Tests
- UN Specification
- Marking & Labelling
- Be able to identify the 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods that comprises of 24 items and 23 Labels
- Retrieve details related to each item listed in the Blue Pages, in regard to its Proper Shipping Name, Primary Hazard, Subsidiary Risks, Packing Group, Quantity Limitations relevant to each Packing Instruction and the Special provisions if and when applicable.
- Select the appropriate Package that would meet the safety of the items that is to be transported.
- Comply with the Packing Instructions applicable to the item/items that will be packed.
- Mark and Label the package
- Complete the Shipper’s Dangerous Goods Declaration
Dangerous Goods Regulations course is a mandatory training requirement for all in the aviation industry. Category-3 training of the Dangerous Goods Regulations is a must for all shippers and freight forwarders (who undertakes to carry out the handling process on behalf of the shippers) intending to transported consignments by air.
The training is to achieve the highest safety standards in transportation of dangerous goods by personnel which commensurate with their responsibilities.
All Training Programme ensures the highest standard are maintained as required by the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka (CAASL) and are based on the current International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations covering all required aspect of transport of dangerous goods by air to meet the training requirement of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).